Jul 15, 2015 12:13 AM EDT
Geeks around the world have a reason to rejoice: The Commodore is back, and it’s now an Android phablet.
“Commodore” is a brand that’s associated with all things hardcore. The Commodore 64 was one of the groundbreaking personal computer models produced in the 1980’s, and it was regarded with much fascination, even reverence. Italian entrepreneurs Massimo Canigiani and Carlo Scattolini acquired the brand, and are releasing the Commodore PET, an Android phablet with the mobile game enthusiast in mind.
• The Commodore phablet runs on a Mediatek 64-bit 1.7 GHz octa core processor and an ARM Mali T760 GPU.
• For selfie-addicted gamers, an 8-megapixel front camera will power all those between-game snaps, while a 13-megapixel camera powered with a Sony sensor is mounted as the rear/main cam. The main camera has a dedicated shutter button.
• Its 5.5-inch display is fortified with Corning Gorilla Glass 3, and is a 1080p IPS panel.
• The Commodore PET is powered by a decent 3000 mAh battery, which would be good enough for a day’s use.
• There are two versions: The $300 version gives you 16GB of storage space and 2GB RAM, while the $365 version gives you 32GB storage and 3GB RAM. Both will come with a 32GB microSD card, so that’s more than enough for all the apps and games you would want to install.
• Each Commodore PET will come with emulators that will let you play all the Commodore64 and Amiga games you’ve missed.
• Commodore64 classic games will be hosted on the VICE C64 emulator, while Amiga games will be hosted on the Uae4All2-SDL Amiga emulator.
• The team behind the Commodore PET is working on ongoing projects with software developers, looking to bring the best 1980’s games to the Commodore PET.
The Commodore PET will initially launch in France, Germany, Italy, and Poland. The company is looking to launch the Commodore PET in the US soon after, and is also looking to introduce the gaming phablet to more countries in Europe. Legacy game enthusiasts certainly have something to look forward to.
2. Sep 20, 2019
5 Facts About Mobile App Development That Will Keep You Up At Night
3. Sep 09, 2019
Why Software is Key to Growing Your Cannabis Business
4. Sep 09, 2019
Why Android Remains at the Top of Its Game
1. Aug 23, 2019
Five Ways to Increase the Cyber Security of Your Business
2. Jul 26, 2019
5 Benefits of Using A Mobile App For Real Estate Agents
3. Jul 10, 2019
What Happens When Your Mobile Page Takes +5 Seconds to Load
4. Jul 10, 2019
You Can Now Make Everyday Transactions with Gold