Feb 12, 2014 12:59 PM EST
Bitglass recently unveiled the First Cloud and Mobile Security Solution that Respects Employee Privacy. Bitglass has emerged from stealth mode to secure corporate data on mobile devices and in cloud apps, without tracking how employees use this technology in their personal lives. The company received $10 million in funding from Norwest Venture Partners and NEA.
“We utilize cloud apps and mobile devices in our personal lives because they are easy to use, anytime, anywhere. Naturally, we also want to use this technology in the workplace,” said Nat Kausik, CEO and co-founder of Bitglass. “Bitglass enables IT to move forward with these technologies, providing security for the organization and a frictionless experience for employees.”
Gigaom / Google
A recent $1.54 billion AirWatch acquisition indicates the influence and importance of mobile security. MDM solutions such as AirWatch do require a separate device installation which can impede user privacy. With Bitglass solves this problem. With the new solution, security technology tracks corporate data anywhere on the Internet; clientless selective wipe secures corporate data on mobile devices.
For IT, Bitglass provides:
* Cloud App Security Bitglass protects cloud data from end to end, enabling IT to take control of only corporate data when it moves outside of the enterprise. As files are downloaded through the Bitglass reverse proxy, they are automatically watermarked, allowing customers to track corporate data anywhere it goes.
* Mobile Security If a mobile device is lost or stolen, or an employee leaves the company, Bitglass can selectively wipe only corporate data with no app or MDM profile on the device.
* Deployment in Minutes With no software to install and no device or firewall changes, Bitglass can be deployed across any organization in minutes. Upon deployment, all user traffic, from any device or location, flows through the Bitglass service automatically.
* Cloud Access Control Bitglass provides access control across all cloud apps, controlling the interaction of data who, what, when, where and how corporate data is used.
* Unified Identity Bitglass provides SAML Single-Sign On into cloud apps, or integrates with existing identity solutions.
* Analytics With tracking capabilities across all cloud apps, Bitglass provides analytics to meet IT¹s compliance needs and gain actionable insights into suspicious behaviors and activities.
For employees, Bitglass provides:
* Privacy Employees can use the same apps and devices for their work and personal lives, without worrying about whether IT is monitoring their communications.
* Seamless Experience Employees continue accessing cloud apps the way that they normally do, with no changes to the user experience.
* Mobility With no software agents or IT involvement required, Bitglass ensures that all corporate traffic on any device, anywhere, is secured.
Bitglass is a SaaS security solution which enables enterprises to move forward with cloud and mobile, securely. Bitglass secures corporate data wherever it goes, from the corporate network to cloud apps, mobile devices and anywhere on the Internet.
The company aims to differentiate itself from other security solutions. Bitglass works without installing software agents on employees¹ devices or tracking their personal data. Bitglass deploys in minutes with minimal administrative overhead, immediately protecting sensitive data everywhere while enabling mobility and privacy for users.
Bitglass enables IT to secure sensitive corporate data in cloud applications and mobile devices while respecting employee privacy. Founded in 2013, Bitglass is based in Silicon Valley and backed by $10M from NEA and Norwest Venture Partners.
2. Sep 15, 2021
5 Strategies to Help Bloggers Deal With Criticism Online
3. Aug 05, 2021
6 Reasons Your Technology is Outdated and Costing You Money
4. Aug 05, 2021
4 Questions To Ask When Choosing a Digital Transformation Platform
1. Jul 15, 2021
Social Media and Mental Health: How Technology Affects Wellbeing
2. Jul 15, 2021
This Is Why Android Is a Much Better Platform for People on a Budget
3. Jul 15, 2021
Using Customer Data To Enhance Mobile App Development
4. Jun 18, 2021
If Time Is Money, Here Is How to Reclaim Some of Yours