Nov 27, 2013 03:00 PM EST
The OmniROM team has been a little quiet lately, but today we’re bringing you news of a custom Android 4.4 KitKat build compiled for international Samsung Galaxy S3 handsets bearing the model number I9300. This should come as a welcome treat for those using the somewhat buggy official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware that’s available for the device.
This guide will walk you though the installation process. As always, DroidReport assumes no liability for the firmware installation. Proceed with caution.
Before Getting Started
Do not use this guide for any device other than the Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300 model). Flashing this ROM onto any other device will most probably result in a bricked phone.
You must have your Galaxy S3 rooted, with ClockworkMod installed. As always, you want to backup your device and charge it to at least 80 percent.
Finally, enable USB Debugging mode by navigating to Settings -> Developer Options.
Updating Galaxy S3 to Android KitKat via OmniROM 4.4 ROM
2) Using your USB cable, connect your Galaxy S3 to your computer.
3) Copy OmniROM 4.4 custom ROM and the Google Apps package to the root folder of your handset’s SD card. Do not extract either.
4) Boot your phone into Recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons simultaneously until you see a Galaxy S3 logo, then release all three to enter recovery mode.
5) Perform a factory reset by selecting “Wipe data/Factory reset.”
6) In CWM recovery, navigate to “Format system” in the Mounts and Storage submenu, and then press “Yes.” Next, navigate to the Advanced submenu and select “Wipe Dalvik Cache.” Select “Yes” when prompted.
7) Navigate to “Install Zip from SD card” and select the ROM downloaded earlier. After the ROM is installed, repeat this step to install Google Apps.
8) After the installation is complete, press “Go back” and then select “Reboot system now” to restart your phone. This may take some time.
9) After restarting, your Galaxy S3 will officially be running Android 4.4 KitKat OmniROM 4.4 ROM. Kudos.
2. Feb 20, 2019
Two Accessories You Need for Your New Pixel
3. Dec 18, 2018
Is Your Board Equipped With The Right Communication Tools?
4. Jul 16, 2017
Google Pixel XL 2 Specs & Features: Squeeze Gestures, Always On Display, Multiple Display Profiles, And More
1. Jul 16, 2017
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Accidentally Reveals Shipment in September
2. Jul 14, 2017
AMD RX Vega Vs. Nvidia GTX1080: Battle Of Best GPUs in 2017
3. Jul 14, 2017
Android Wear 2.0 Available On Luxury Louis Vuitton Tambour Horizon That Starts At $2,450
4. Jul 14, 2017
AMD RX Vega News, Update, Release: RX Vega GPU Major Details Leaked Before July 18 Show