Sep 06, 2013 05:24 PM EDT
Dallas, TX – September 6, 2013 – Samsung, a proven leader in innovation, is once again revolutionizing the way consumers interact with mobile devices with the introduction of Galaxy Gear™ - Samsung’s first wearable smartphone experience. By intelligently recognizing and responding to your personal needs, this groundbreaking device keeps you connected like never before. Beginning next month, the Galaxy Gear, Galaxy Note® 3 and Galaxy Note® 10.1 – 2014 Edition will be available in the U.S. through various channels.
Galaxy Gear extends the Galaxy Note 3* experience to your wrist and enhances everyday moments with real time updates for quick and convenient access. With a brilliant 1.63-inch Super AMOLED® screen, the sleek wearable device features a full metal body design and a comfortable strap. Connected to the Note 3 via low power Bluetooth® (Bluetooth 4.0), Galaxy Gear allows for discreet notifications, hands-free calling, music control, S Voice™ access and an array of exceptional features.
“Samsung has established a reputation for being the first to market with new innovations that blend leading technology with sleek designs. Samsung set a new benchmark with the Note category and S Pen experience delivering the best large screen smartphone,” said Gregory Lee, president of Samsung Telecommunications America. “With the Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Gear, we’re giving consumers a new and interactive wearable smartphone experience and raising the bar again for the mobile industry.”
New Mobile Experience:
The Galaxy Gear paired with the Galaxy Note 3 intelligently connects and shares information and content between the two devices. The Galaxy Gear and Note 3 innovative connectivity features include:
· Smart Relay: Quick Glance Notifications alert you of incoming calls, messages, and more on the Galaxy Gear. When you pick up the Note 3, it will intuitively open the appropriate application to save you time.
· Smart Lock: You can set-up your device to automatically unlock or lock Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear. As soon as you walk outside of a 5-foot radius of your Note 3, Galaxy Gear will automatically lock the smartphone.
· Find My Device: Galaxy Gear can be used to locate Galaxy Note 3 by remotely triggering the alarm, vibration mode, and even the light, when within Bluetooth range. The Note 3 can be used to locate Galaxy Gear in the same way.
· Gear Manager: An application to manage and personalize Gear directly from the Galaxy Note 3 - for example, users can change the clock face and customize notification alerts.
· Pedometer: Keep track of all your steps with the built in pedometer.
· Easy Set-up: Pair your Galaxy Gear with your Galaxy Note 3 by simply tapping your phone to the Galaxy Gear’s charger, which uses NFC to pair the devices via Bluetooth.
Galaxy Note Family Experience
Samsung continues the evolution of its Note category with the Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Note 10.1 – 2014 Edition. Samsung defined the large-screen smartphone category with the introduction of the Galaxy Note in 2011 and has continued to refine the experience as we expanded the portfolio to bring the S Pen experience to tablets. Crafted with a sophisticated design and a soft-textured back, Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Note 10.1 – 2014 Edition lead the way in premium smartphone and tablet performance. With exceptional functionality, the new and refined Note family and S Pen™ experiences include:
· Air Command: Provides instant access to S Pen features, including Action Memo, Scrapbooker, Screen Write, S Finder and Pen Window.
· Scrapbook: An easy and functional way to use the S Pen to grab and store videos, photos and clips from Web pages that are linkable back to the original online source.
· Action Memo: Quickly take a note and instantly take action. For example, call/text/save a contact on Note 3, send an email, look up an address, search the web or add to your To-Do list.
· S Finder: Allows you to search the entire device (including handwritten notes and settings), connected accounts and the web through key words or handwritten symbols.
· Advanced Multi Window: Enhanced so users can drag and drop between the two open windows. Multi Window now allows certain apps to be activated at the same time in both windows.
· Pen Window: Use the S Pen to draw a window, which opens a selection of applications, and then minimize it to hover on any screen as you navigate the device.
· My Magazine: A visual, personalized interface to get the latest news, social and localized content.
· Wake-up Command: S Voice is now always on and active, ready for voice input to control your Note.
Featuring a beautiful 5.7-inch Full HD Super AMOLED display, Galaxy Note 3 provides breathtaking visuals and crystal clear detail. Powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon® 800 quad-core processor, and running Android™ 4.3, the new Galaxy Note smartphone is packed with the latest innovations introduced on the Galaxy S® 4. The Galaxy Note 3 features a slim and light design, at 8.3mm thin and 168 grams, and packs a powerful 3,200 mAh battery.
Galaxy Note 10.1 – 2014 Edition redefines the tablet experience with a 10.1-inch WQXGA 2560 x 1600 Super Clear LCD display, resulting in brighter colors, more vivid text and more lifelike graphics. Featuring an Exynos® 5420 quad-core processor, users will enjoy faster web browsing and multitasking with rich HD graphics for the best gaming experience. Consumers can experience a premium audio experience with Dolby® 5.1 Surround Sound right from the Note 10.1 – 2014 Edition when connected to your home theater. Samsung’s new Multi User Mode makes sharing the Note 10.1 – 2014 Edition easy by allowing the owner to create up to eight additional user profiles that can be customized with connected accounts and apps. Each user gets a customized experience with personal information that can’t be accessed by anyone else.
The Galaxy Note 3, the Galaxy Gear and the Galaxy Note 10.1 – 2014 Edition will be available in the U.S. in October. AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless and US Cellular will carry the Galaxy Note 3 and each carrier will announce specific availability, color choices and timing. Galaxy Gear will be also available through carrier channels. Samsung Experience Shops in Best Buy as well as Amazon, Fry’s, h.h. Gregg, RadioShack, Sam’s Club, Walmart and Wirefly.com will carry the Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Gear.
Galaxy Gear will be available in Jet Black, Oatmeal Beige, Rose Gold, Wild Orange, Lime Green and Mocha Gray. Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Note 10.1 – 2014 Edition will be available in Jet Black and Classic White.
The Galaxy Note 3 will offer an S View Flip Cover with a larger window for more functionality, including the ability to take a photo using the S View window, control your music, or take a quick note through the window with your finger or S Pen. It will be available in an array of colors, including Black, White, Wild Orange and Blush Pink.
3. Nov 24, 2020
3 Things to Know About Smartphone App Security
4. Nov 18, 2020
Appy Pie Offers Amazing No-Code App Development Features
1. Oct 02, 2020
8 Ways to Embrace Your Passion for Computer Tech