Nov 18, 2020 09:28 PM EST
Developing a successful app is considered a complex task. It can be simplified by following the right development process. To create an excellent app, you must first understand the mobile application development lifecycle. With over a million and a half apps each in Apple's App Store and Google Play Store, you must know how your app is going to make a difference.
To build your own app, you can take help of any of the most popular app-building software available online. Find the one that offers no-code development. It allows you to create your app even if you don't have any technical knowledge. The recommended one would be Appy Pie as it offers codeless development to the users and lets them create their business app in just a few clicks.
Before we talk more about the software, let us first go through the mobile application development lifecycle.
Let us learn more about the mobile app development lifecycle and the challenges that could come along the way.
1. Discovery and Market Research: Even if you have good app ideas and a plan for a good start, your initial step should be deep diving into market research. Before you move into the development phase, you must know what you want to accomplish and where it fits in your mobile marketing strategy. When researching the market, here are a few questions you need to find the answers for.
How you want your customers to use your app?
Will you use single or multiple app platforms?
Which language you should go for?
When and how will you launch your app?
What is your mobile application development budget?
What is your timeline for app development?
How will you promote your app?
If you haven't found the answers to these questions yet, then put together your mobile app development team with relevant departments like IT, product, marketing, etc. Research the market carefully for the relevant information and details.
2. Define Your App Goals and Objectives: You must define your mobile app goals and objectives before you start creating it. Once you have figured out what your goals are and what you want from your app, you need to plan how your app will help you achieve them. For example-
What your app features would be?
What issues will it resolve?
What is your mobile app's core appeal?
You need to determine your app features and benefits to maintain a balance between your app development budget and in-house capabilities. However, when planning out the app functionalities, make sure your app emphasizes customer engagement over other exclusive services.
3. App Wireframes, Storyboards, and Backend Structure: Once you know what your app's features would be, you should develop an idea of how it would look like. Also, you must develop a scope of work like what part of work will be taken care of in-house and what all will be contracted out. This is the phase where you shortlist the features and start sketching out your app.
There are many online tools available for you to help create a storyboard. Your goal at this stage should be finding an efficient app development tool that can help your app stand out.
Also, keep in mind the backend structure of your app. Yes, you need a backend structure to support your app. The structure includes data diagrams, APIs, data integration, servers, and push notification services.
4. Create an Interactive Prototype: Prototyping in app development helps you identify the flaws in the usability of your mobile app. It lets you evaluate design concepts, identify dead links, and gather feedback to help improve your app performance. There are various prototyping tools available online to ease the whole process for you. The best you can do is bring in the people who are not related to your app in any way and have them test and evaluate your app prototype. Track them when they use your app and request for honest feedback related to ease of use and overall functionality. The goal here is to create a design concept and app prototype that could help you through the authentic mobile application development process.
5. Develop Your App: Mobile app development process involves several steps. If you are not using a specific app development platform, your app developer would need to set up dedicated databases, storage solutions, servers, APIs, etc. for the backend of your app.
Also, you need to create a developer account to publish your app on the app store. Make sure you follow the app store guidelines to get your app approved during the review process. Usually, the app gets approved in one go if created right. Use the right app building tool and create a well-organized app. Although there are many app making tools available online, Appy Pie's App Builder is the recommended one. The software is one of the most popular no-code platforms. It comes with the various effective features and allows you to create your app with zero coding skills.
6. Test and Launch Your App: Now that you have a complete app development concept with all the text and graphics placed perfectly, you need to test your app. This helps you find out the flaws and correct them before you publish your app. Check every feature and every aspect of your app even if they were working fine in the development phase.
Let's talk about the app launch. How you promote and launch your app plays a critical role in the success of your app. You must get your marketing team involved in the whole app promotion process. Make sure you promote your app on your social media accounts and business website. Do not miss out on keyword searches while creating a title and description for your app. Set up a date for official app release and promote it with email blasts and mentions on social media. Keep in mind your app marketing is an ongoing process, and app release-date inputs are just the beginning.
Appy Pie's App Builder is one of the most popular apps making software. The app development process mentioned above is as easy as pie with Appy Pie. It offers no code platform and allows you to create your app in no time. The best part about the software is that it helps you throughout the development and launch process. It lets you customize your app as per your business needs even after you have launched it. The app builder offers an amazing push notification feature for its app users that can be customized based on the nature of your business. It lets you send out product updates and notifications to your app users with a single tap.
The software is the best for both small and large-scale businesses. Try it out today!
Feb 04, 2021
1. Feb 04, 2021
2. Dec 21, 2020
Why Many Businesses Need Managed IT Services
4. Nov 24, 2020
3 Things to Know About Smartphone App Security
1. Nov 02, 2020
College Graduation: Things You Should do After the Big Day
2. Oct 02, 2020
8 Ways to Embrace Your Passion for Computer Tech