May 10, 2013 02:04 PM EDT
The classic gory racing game Carmageddon is available on the Google Play Store today only as a free promo version. Carmageddon is a PC and Mac game from 1997. It was actually banned in Germany, Brazil in the UK because of the blood and gore and received mature ratings in Australia and Portugal. Despite this it sold more than two million copies.
The current version available for Android is basically a wholesale port of the game by Stainless Games Ltd. The mobile version of the game was launched as a Kickstarter offering which hit its $400,000 Kickstarter target last year.
It is now available for Android users and includes the same content as the original:
• 28 dangerously deranged Opponents
• 11 wildly exhilarating Environments
• Career Mode featuring 36 satisfyingly violent Levels
• Race and Wreck opponents to unlock 30 playable cars!
• Multiple control methods: digital, analogue (mix ‘n’ match), tilt
• Edit your control layout in game to your preferences
• Comprehensive Action Replay System
• Environment maps and other special effects
• Enhanced pre-lit environments
• Buckets of gibs
• Tons of laughs
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YstkViZ696o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The game is free today only as thanks to the Kickstarter backers. After the promo expires it will be removed from the Play Store and the paid version will cost $1.99 because Play terms don’t allow game developers to charge after making a game available for free.
So head on over to the Google Play Store and download it. You still have time.
2. Jun 03, 2020
What to Look for in a New Laptop for Your Degree in Operations Management
3. May 18, 2020
Tips for Giving Your Tech Startup the Winning Edge
4. May 09, 2020
What New Technology Is Distracting to Drivers?
1. Apr 27, 2020
Industries That Benefit The Most From Aerial Drone Imagery
2. Apr 27, 2020
How Smartphones Have Become the Nexus of Our Lives
3. Apr 27, 2020
The Realities of Developing a Successful Smartphone App