May 06, 2013 06:38 PM EDT
After re- launching the app for iOS last summer Android ‘TV Guide’ has finally thrown Android users a bone. ‘TV’ Guide updated it’s app for Android for the first time since 2010. It is available for Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.2) and Jellybean (4.1).
They have added a number of new features like the Watchlist tool that allows users to customize listings by adding favorite shows, sports teams, actors and movies. Another cool too is New Tonight Tending which is a social list of what other app users are watching and filters for Watchlist that show users only their favorite shows.
Other features of the updated app include:
- Social check-in and discussion: Throughout the app, check in, share and discuss what you're watching via social networks using TV Guide's "I'll Watch" button.
- Video Search and Curated Video Channels: Find the TV shows, movies and web originals you want to watch now or browse through editor- and guest-curated channels. Guest curators have included Andy Cohen from Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live."
- Celebrity Watchlist Videos: The biggest stars – Sigourney Weaver, Tina Fey, Katie Couric and dozens more
– Share why they love their favorites in these exclusive TV Guide videos.
- Super-Charged "Classic" Listings: Our best listings grid ever, including alerts, HD and favorite channel filters, "I'll Watch" social sharing, and instant "Add to Watchlist." - Original Editorial Content: TV Guide's original breaking news and features – and the ability to discuss them with editors and other fans.
- New Tonight Sports: Every sporting event on TV that day.
The updated app has gotten an enthusiastic reception so far, it’s gotten 9 million downloads with 1.1 million users creating Watchlists and monthly active users doubling to 2.5 million users. This will be a major source of revenue for the company that uses ad-support to allow the app to be free. There is concern about the potentially excessive number of ads that might diminish excitement. It has already dented the rating on the Apple store to 3.5 out of 5 stars. Android users have been more generous with a 4.0 out of 5.
2. Jul 10, 2019
You Can Now Make Everyday Transactions with Gold
3. Jun 21, 2019
A glimpse of the Pocophone F2? This week in Android
4. Jun 21, 2019
Report Claims: Huawei Testing Russia's Aurora OS As Complete Android Replacement
1. Jul 16, 2017
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Accidentally Reveals Shipment in September
2. Jul 14, 2017
AMD RX Vega Vs. Nvidia GTX1080: Battle Of Best GPUs in 2017
3. Jul 14, 2017
Android Wear 2.0 Available On Luxury Louis Vuitton Tambour Horizon That Starts At $2,450
4. Jul 14, 2017
AMD RX Vega News, Update, Release: RX Vega GPU Major Details Leaked Before July 18 Show