Tech giant Samsung unveils Gear 2 on Thursday for the Indian customers. It was launched together with the Samsung VR headset.
With this breakthrough technology, Galaxy smartphones, including Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S6 edge+, S6 and S6 edge, can be paired with the Samsung Gear 2 watch to allow the device to duplicate the function performed by the Galaxy smartphones. Whether you are on the go or just want to do what you do with a bigger device hands free, you can now do it with the Samsung Gear 2.
Here are some of the things you can do with the Gear 2 device:
- Voice Memo – Samsung Gear 2 lets you quickly record voice notes or memos up to five minutes in length.
- Hand-free calling – with hand-free calling, you never have to miss a call. You can now receive incoming calls on the Samsung Gear 2 when your mobile device is out of reach or in your pocket.
- Samsung S Voice – you can use your voice to perform operations you would normally have to do by hand, such as dialing a phone number, sending a text message or playing music.
- You can listen and move music from your Samsung smartphone to your Gear 2.
- You can listen to music on your Samsung Gear 2 even when you are away from your mobile device. But you will first need to transfer music from your mobile device to your Gear 2.
- Samsung Gear 2 lets you seamlessly control the music stored on your mobile device. Using the Media Controller app, you can play media files on your mobile device, as well as control music apps.
- Use the Pedometer, Exercise and Heart Rate apps on your Samsung Gear 2, along with the S Health app on your mobile device, to help monitor and achieve your fitness goals right from your wrist like Google Play Music and Milk Music.
- Track your running, walking, cycling or hiking workouts using the Exercise app on your Samsung Gear2.
- Track your running workouts using the Exercise app on your Samsung Gear 2.
- With the Pedometer app, you can easily keep track of the number of steps you take in a day and set goals for your daily step count.
- Measure your heart rate with the heart rate monitor sensor located on the back of your Samsung Gear 2. Record heart rate levels before, during and after exercise.
- Your Samsung Gear 2 can be used as a remote control for devices that are controlled by infrared signals, such as many televisions and receiver boxes.
- The Safety assistance feature on your Samsung Gear 2 gives you the ability to send emergency messages right from your wrist.
The Samsung Gear 2 also features a 2.0-megapixel auto-focus camera embedded in the body of the Samsung Gear 2 to help you take photos in a snap. Moreover, this device has been rated IP67, using the Ingress Protection rating system. Also, it is rated 6 (highest level of protection), and water resistance rating is 7 (water resistant up to 1 metre for up to 30 minutes).
Samsung Gear 2 device is available in two variants--the Gear S2 and the Gear S2 Classic. According to another source, it will also be compatible with iOS devices soon. For the complete spec and pricing, you can visit 91mobiles.com. To experience Samsung Gear 2, go to Samsung Smart Simulator.